Creative Little Kids (CLK)
- Ages 3- entering in the fall to Kindergarten
- Full-day program: 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Early childhood teachers & artists
- 5:1 student-teacher ratio
- Modified Responsive Classroom: program unfolds at your child’s pace
- Art-infused program, with nature, playtime, and outdoor activities
- Emphasis on collaboration, socialization, and decision-making
- All ages combined in congenial classroom setting
- Balance of structured and unstructured time, including rest periods
- Daily documentation of accomplishments & process
- Children must be potty-trained
Creative Little Kids (known around CASA as CLK) have the best of all worlds: the attention of early childhood teachers, coupled with the expertise of working artists, dancers, musicians, and athletes. Designed for children ages 3-Kindergarten, this engaging full-day program encourages exploration of the arts. Your child delves into limitless modes of expression: visual and performing arts, playing with color and light, building with blocks, and other imagination-stretching activities. Ready to burn off some energy? Nature discovery, water play and other outdoor activities emphasize socialization and collaboration with friends. CLKs stay together as a group, learning to make wise and reasoned choices, interact positively with their environment, develop meaningful friendships, and deepen self-esteem. CLKs join older CASA campers for lunch and participate in CASA’s daily One O’show.
The CLK campers will be grouped by age. Three, four, and five-year olds will have designated classrooms. Three year-olds will have an afternoon “quiet” time for napping or resting; please send them with a change of clothes and their favorite nap items on the first day of camp (marked with his/her name). All children, regardless of age, need to be potty-trained before beginning camp.